Like most teenage, crime-fighting turtles living in sewers of New York City, I too hold a special place in my heart for pizza. The warm, cheesy goodness that keeps our favorite animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, fueled and ready to fight, is getting a makeover!
I know what you’re all thinking. (“HOW DARE YOU TOUCH THE PERFECTION THAT IS PIZZA?!”) I know. It’s going to be okay.
Something even sweeter than taking down Shredder, just in time for dinner.
Grab your weapon of choice (*turtles only) and prepare for a tasty treat even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would love, with this TMNT Pizza Cookie recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 1 tube of sugar cookie dough
- 14oz container of white, whipped icing
- Red food coloring
- 11oz bag of shredded coconut (I used organic and not sweetened)
- 4-5 green fish gummies
- 3-4 rolls of red fruit jerky
- 3-4 orange and yellow gummies
- Baking sheet
- ½ cup flour
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper (*optional)
- 9 inch round pan (*for measuring)
Let’s get cooking:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and lay parchment paper down on large cookie sheet.
2. Place sugar cookie dough onto floured surface.
3. Roll dough flat with rolling pin until about ¾ inch thick.
4. Take 9 inch round pan to measure and cut for size.
5. Bake “pizza dough” for 11-15 minutes or until brown on edges.
6. While dough is cooling, prepare “sauce” by mixing red dye into white icing.
7. Cut yellow and orange gummies into ¼ inch pieces to create “peppers.”
8. Cut red fruit jerky into 1 inch diameter circles for “pepperoni.”
9. Place shredded coconut into bowl for “cheese.”
10. Set aside green gummy fish for “anchovies.”
11. Let your “pizza dough” cool completely before decorating.
12. Spread the “red sauce” evenly throughout the cookie.
13. Sprinkle coconut “cheese” until desired.
14. Decorate “pizza” with toppings and ENJOY!
*Recipe adapted from Food Network.