OH MY GLOB YOU GUYS! July’s Loot Crate DX is celebrating some of the best #TEAMUP(s) in pop culture history!
You can’t have a #TEAMUP without the Adventure Time dynamic duo, Finn and Jake!
Since I’ve already mastered Jake’s Bacon Pancakes, this month’s recipe needed to be lumping amazing! I couldn’t think of anyone better to feature than everyone’s favorite sassy teenager, LUMPY SPACE PRINCESS!
These LSP cookies (whoa, that’s one letter away from a WHOLE other recipe…) features a sugar cookie base with LSP’s signature purple icing!
Don’t forget about those iconic facial expressions! With my edible marker, I was able to bring Lumpy Space Princess to life!
These cookies are sweet with a kick of salt (after all, LSP can be pretty salty.) Anyone who tells you these cookies are anything but perfection can LUMP OFF.
OH MY GLOB. Can we just lumping bake already?
Lumpy Space Princess Cookies
(Recipe adapted from: Wilton.com)
You will need:
- 1/2 teaspoon no-color almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- Flower/ LSP shaped cookie cutter
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Purple food dye
- Edible black marker
- Gold Star Sprinkles
How to Bake:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2.In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3.In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg and extracts.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
6. Divide dough into 2 balls. Do not chill dough.
7. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. diameter x 1/8 in. thick.
8. Cut out cookies and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
9.Bake for 8-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
10.Let cool completely before icing.
How to Decorate:
1. Mix together ingredients into large bowl.
2. Add in milk as needed to thin out icing.
3. Mix in food coloring to make it purple!
4. Pour into piping bag or bottle for easier icing technique.
5. Cover cookies with purple icing and place gold star sprinkle on the “forehead.”
6. Let cookies dry completely.
7. Carefully draw on your favorite LSP faces.