The Daily Crate | Exclusive: The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 Interview with Tim Wiesch!

The attention to detail with the game’s pieces is incredible!

For my last question, I gotta ask (Without potentially spoiling anything that could be coming, of course!): Is there a classic movie, television show, etc, that you’d love to give the board game treatment?

So so many.  The games we’re putting out this year are based on Fight Club and Jurassic Park and I’m really excited about both of them.  We’ve got a giant list of new and old titles that are already on our schedule and a lot more that I hope to get to someday.  Some of them are probably not super obvious like I’d absolutely love to do the old movie Logan’s Run.  I just love that 70’s sci-fi esthetic in the movie and think it would be really fun to play with the art and themes there.

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me, Tim, and a huge thanks to Mondo for letting us test out this awesome new board game on our stream later today – is there anything else you’d like to share with our fans before we go?

Mainly just a gigantic thank you to anyone who picked up the game or anything else Mondo does.  We’re a ragtag bunch of misfits and have managed to carve out our own little place in the world because of truly incredible fans.  I have an amazing job and its because of them.

A huge thank you to Tim Wiesch and everyone from Mondo for letting us play their awesome new The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 board game!  If you want more information about the game itself you can visit their website here, and tune in to our Twitch stream at 3pm PST today to see us take on The Thing!