Nana nana nana nana, Nana nana nana nana—Treat Time! To follow up on our What Does Batman Eat? piece, we decided to try to attempt a recipe that might be one of Bruce Wayne’s favorites.
Something with low- or non-fat ingredients that is elegant, refined and totally satisfies a sweet tooth. This cheesecake-inspired recipe makes enough for now, and enough to save for a midnight snack in the Bat-Cave later.
- 3/4 cup non-fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cup fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberries,diced strawberries, etc – you can even mix and match!)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional if fruit is on the tart side)
- Granola or crushed graham crackers (optional)
- Mix the the soft cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar, salt, and vanilla bean paste/extract in a bowl (if using a stand mixer or hand mixer, use the whisk attachment on medium high speed). Beat until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- In a small bowl, combine the more sour fruit with the teaspoon of sugar and toss together until coated.
- Using 3-4 small glasses, layer the parfaits starting with fruit and alternating (and ending) with the cheesecake mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat! (If using a crunchy topping, add before serving!)
Tip: Make sure the cream cheese is soft or the mixture will get lumpy. Take it out of the fridge at least an hour before or you can microwave it for 10 seconds to soften it.
Sure you could just eat a cookie as a midnight snack, but after this… you’re not going to want to. 😉 Enjoy, Bat-fans!
(This article appears in Loot Crate Magazine, February 2016)