A lot of you have already checked out Captain Marvel by now, and we get it! We may be just as excited as everyone else because we’ve got Captain Marvel a-plenty in COSMIC this March. Let’s continue this runaway hype train with some trivia, shall we?!
[Some SPOILERS below!]
1. The new film takes place in the 90’s to show Carol Danvers origin into Captain Marvel. This means it’s a prequel of sorts to her inclusion into the upcoming Avengers: Endgame.
2. Brie Larson is so allergic to cats that quite a few times, her feline co-stars had to be CGI-inserted into scenes and the other times, they used a puppet. Poor Goose. We love him!
3. The film shows that, in 1995, Nick Fury only had a level 3 clearance for S.H.I.E.L.D.
4. Keanu Reeves was actually considered for the role of Yon-Rogg but in the end, Jude Law proved a better fit. I mean, I wouldn’t have scoffed at a John Wick Yon-Rogg.
5. Between Danvers’ cat being named Goose (Top Gun reference!) and her instinctively picking up a copy of the film The Right Stuff, it’s quite obvious Carol has a passion for being a pilot.
6. Now that Jude Law is established in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he’s working alongside his co-star from Sherlock Holmes, Robert Downey Jr. What’s fun about this is that Doctor Strange’s Benedict Cumberbatch is also aligned with Black Panther’s Martin Freeman and that makes every current Sherlock and Watson duo part of the MCU! Dangit. I just remembered that Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly Sherlock and Watson movie. Well, there’s more MCU to cast!
7. This is the 21st film released from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Have fun trying to marathon all of THOSE before Endgame.
8. If you were brand new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, by the way, and wanted to watch all of those films chronologically? You’d to watch Captain America: The First Avenger first, then see Captain Marvel in theaters first as it is stated by Kevin Feige as to come before Iron Man in the story. The 90’s, remember?
9. Stan Lee did shoot a cameo in this film, and it’s making fans super emotional. Even more intriguing is that the cameo isn’t as a random guy who could be one of the Watchers, a popular concept to why Lee has a cameo in so many of the films, but as his actual self.
10. You will go 99 percent of the film without hearing anyone call Carol by her title of Captain Marvel. Thank a well written origin story for that, friends! Let’s get to know Carol Danvers!