Oh yes, we sure do have more Rick and Morty coming for you guys in December’s Loot Wear for EXPLORE! We know we’ve already hit you guys with some trivia but there’s no way that we wouldn’t be able to dig up even more nuggets of info from one of our favorite shows. Let’s get into it!
1. A modder in the Skyrim game community let it be known that he wanted to make a Mr. Meeseeks mod for the hit Elder Scrolls game and Justin Roiland himself approved it and has even offered to voice the mod!
2. Jemaine Clement, of Flight of the Conchords fame, actually got a chance to reprise his famous David Bowie impression with the ‘Goodbye Moonmen‘ song.
3. Keith David voiced the President of the United States in Get Schwifty, which is a nice upgrade from being the Vice President in Saints Row IV. It was time, man. It was time.
4. In Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind there is one Morty Clone who has red hair and looks, well, curiously like Eric Stoltz. This is because Eric Stoltz was originally who was going to play Marty McFly in Back to the Future. Don’t believe me? Check this out. (video: Arthur Bluvstein)
5. Dan Harmon really hated Raising Gazorpazorp simply because he felt the writing was leaning towards trope-levels of comedy. However, his favorite is Pickle Rick and he was overjoyed that fans and critics alike loved that episode as much as he does. Creators and their self-criticism, right?
6. You can find real-life versions of Jerry’s phone app game (titled ‘Jerry’s Game‘), the Plumbus and the Butter-Servant Robot. No joke. They exist. And those Strawberry Smiggles you wanted to try? Someone is attempting to make those into a real cereal too!
7. Justin Roiland has admitted that he regularly watches feedback on Reddit, Tumblr and Twitter to see how the audiences respond to episodes. It’s incredibly important to him that the fanbase feels connected to the world they’re creating.
8. Dan Harmon also admitted that they retro-script episodes loosely so that Justin Roiland can ad-lib off of concepts that are laid out for him. He also admitted that he sometimes likes to get Roiland just a tiny bit inebriated before recording to see what comes from it. Want to see what happens? Prepare yourself for some salty language. Salty hilarious language.